Saturday, August 20, 2011

School daze, I'm in a school daze.

It's true, school has begun. The homework has been assigned, the supplies have been bought, and the bookbag has been organized... almost. My schedule is pretty well balanced I believe. I would have to say I did a good job in picking my classes. I am taking AP Music Theory in which I am the only student in the class with my band teacher. It's pretty awesome, I cannot lie. I am also taking a pretty basic math class that is "Advanced" but not really. I am also taking AP Literature, shoot me now, which involves a ton of reading I will not want to do, but will have to. Then I am taking US History online, another shoot me in the face class because it's online and that's not going to be fun. LASTLY, I am taking band. (That's kinda a DUHH) There is one class period where I don't have a class, so I go to the band room and help out my band director who has 6th graders that period. Let me just tell you, they are HILARIOUS. 6th graders are the cutest and most hilarious kids in that school. Today, that had the giggles like nobody's business and they just couldn't stop. You all know that laughter is contagious, so I couldn't stop laughing with them. There were a few just sitting there just looking at the laughing ones like "really? I don't see what's so funny." One of those was a little boy named Richard. SUPER cute kid, like he is extremely adorable. He looks at me trying to hold back my laughter and says "Don't you wish the whole class was just a bunch of me's!?" It was something to that extent and I just died! These kids don't care what they say, they just say it and most of the time, it's hysterical! One kid had sorta stopped laughing finally and I said to him "You alright there?" and he just broke out in a even more hysterical laughter than before. I seriously love this bunch of kids. Did I mention they are ADORABLE? I didn't think so. Well, being in band and a mallet player, which means I play the xylophone, I try to convince them to choose percussion instead of flute or percussion. I'm excited because I'll be in that class all year, so I can help these cute little kids learn mallets and it's going to be AWESOME! Can you tell I am excited?! Well I am.

Now to my band... I wish they were as cute as the 6th graders. They aren't cute, but they are awesome and that makes up for it. They are older, so they can't be cute, ya know. Ok, I'm going to stop while I'm ahead. SO we have competition in about a month and we don't have too much all done. I'm getting a little tired of some people not taking it as seriously as they should. They just look at me like I'm an alien or something and then don't even play their music. It's really frusturating when I am putting all this effort in to make the band and myself the best and then have a few that could care less. There are so many members that work extremely hard, that actually practice, and actually look at their drills and then these lame people have to come mess it all up by not giving enough effort. Hopefully they will get better and give their all, like the rest of the band does. I think that they all are doing a pretty good job, but we have a lot to improve on and to work on. If they just give their all, we have the potential to win and win BIG! I'm confident that we are going to do great and people will straighten up because if we don't do better than last year, (Last and 2nd to last place) I will be pretty dang upset because I am giving up a lot to be there. I love it though, and it's totally and completely worth the hard work and the time given up. It's not easy that's for sure, but like someone said...

"Nobody said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."

I would like to share that saying with my band and I believe I will next week because it applies very well to the situation.

Ok, I am done ranting and slightly complaining... I don't mean to complain, I just mean to express my frustration. Well whatever it is, I'm done sharing. Thank you kind people. You make my heart happy when you read, so if you read this blog you are more than welcome to tell me. Cherrio.

-M.Philly

PS This was meant to be posted last night, but since my internet decided to go wack, I was unable to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment