Saturday, August 13, 2011

Music is a way of life.

It's true, music is everywhere. I love it. It's such a huge part of my life. I'm surrounded by it almost everywhere in my life. I play it, I direct it, I sing it, but most of all I listen to it. There are so many types of music I love and listen to, so I thought, as I listened to lots of music mowing the grass today, I would share with you some of my favorite artists and songs and such. They are in no order of favoritism, just listed! :D

1. Andy Grammer
Ok when I said it wasn't based on favoritism... I slightly lied because HE is my favorite. His voice is so dreamy and his songs are so dreamy and his face is not so dreamy, but his voice and such make up for it. I suggest you buy his CD because it is quite amazing. His lyrics are beautiful and GARSH I just wish I could marry him just so he could sing to me every night! He sings a lot about respecting women and persevering and such. Basically, he is amazing. This is my favorite song of his because... well I just love it... and I love the video too.



2. Adele
I have always been a fan of Adele ever since Chasing Pavements. I am always a fan of piano players because they are amazing. They make playing the piano look so easy and sound so easy, but trust me... it's NOT easy! Her new cd is AMAZING! The whole thing, from beginning to end. I love finding songs that I relate to and I can relate to a few of hers. Like this one, "Rumor has it". Well I don't really relate to hardly any of it... just one part... sorta... well I just like this song OK! I also LOVE "Hometown Glory" which is from her first cd I believe. All her music is amazing so check her out if you never have.



3. Katy Perry
I have gotten to where I really like Katy Perry. She has some pretty crude songs, but she has some really great ones too. Plus, she is super gorgeous and her hubby is not. Funny or not, he is not pretty. haha I personally like her first CD better, but her second one is pretty great too. "Firework" was my jam for a long time and my sister and I discovered "Last Friday Night" before the radio did. My personal favorite of hers is "Fingerprint". Great song, great message, love it.



4. Owl City
This guy is pretty awesome. He just wrote and recorded music in his basement and now he is a pretty big deal. I mean when Taylor Swift writes a song about you, you must be pretty important. He is super cheesy, though... Seriously, some of his music is oozing cheese... but he is quite amazing. I love the cheesiness because he makes it sound great. This song is from his newest album and it's so not owl city and I LOVE IT! He is like yelling or talking loudly or whatever. I just know I like it. It's something new and exciting and AWESOME.




5. Ke$ha
Ok, she is my guilty pleasure. She is freak, that's for sure, but I just can't stop listening to her music. Her music is hilarious! "Cannibal" talks about eating boys... legit eating them... it's hilarious. AND if you haven't seen the "Your Love is My Drug" video... well you might be better off. I think she was trying to out-weird Lady Gaga. I just don't think she cares what people think about her, which is why I like her. I love love LOVE "Animal" but only the remix. It's great to jam to along with just about all of her songs... minus the crude ones which I choose not to listen to. haha




6. B.o.B
He is basically the only rapper I like. He raps about real things, not just "Go to a club, get a girl drunk, take her home." He raps about MAGIC and beautiful girls! Also, he has worked with TONS of people like The Script, (who I also love... a lot) Ke$ha, and Owl City! Seriously I love him. I can rap "Magic" without even thinking. Check him out.



7. Bruno Mars
Talk about a dreamy voice! I feel like I am in a dream listening to him. So what if he got caught drugs... I don't judge on their personal life. If I like the music, I like the music... end of story. I discovered "The Lazy Song" way before the radio played it. A few of his songs are pretty... well inappropriate, so those I don't listen to, but he also has really wonderful music! "Count on Me" is my personal favorite because I love my friends and it's a perfect anthem for bffs! :D




8. Jason Mraz
It's hard not to love Mr. A-Z. He has been one of my favorites for a long time, thanks to my sister Anna's obsession with him. He has so much amazing music. His lyrics are so complex and so deep and SO meaningful. I find myself going to his music when I'm down and need mellow music to chill to. he has really good slow songs and REALLY good faster songs. Basically all of his music is beautiful. This is one song I go to a lot when I'm down and just want some mellow music. This song got me home from leaving my best friend (my sister Anna) in Idaho. This one and "Love for a Child" are great when you are feeling down and kinda forgotten. "It's like picking up trash in dresses." Best lyric I have ever heard.




9. Cage the Elephant
Thank you itunes free single of the week for introducing me to Cage the Elephant. Ok, they are a little odd... or a lot, but their music is great. They are kinda hardcore and they have become one of my favorites lately. "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" and "Back Against the Wall," but I found one I like better than those. This is my favorite of theirs. It's a little odd and different from their normal music, but I like it... a lot. Seriously though, check out their other music because they rock.



10. Demi Lovato
Talk about some PIPES! This girl has got them, that's for sure. I have always liked her because she was always more real than any of the other Disney girls. She actually has a lot of talent in singing and acting. Her music is really real and very retro, I guess and I really like it. Her voice is like heaven and the fact that she has gone through a lot of things makes her 19o8374987239478 times more amazing. I love love love LOVE her new song "Skyscraper," but this is my absolutely favorite song of hers. I tend to like artists older songs and I love this one for sure.



Well that's 10 of some of my favorite artist. I love a lot more and probably there are some I like more than these, but these were the first ones that came to mind. I really love All American Rejects, The Killers, Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield, Rooney, The Script, Taking Back Sunday, Vampire Weekend, Bushwalla, Down with Webster, Coldplay, I could go on, but I won't. If you haven't heard any of these, I suggest you CHECK EM OUT!

Thank you very much kind people for reading and listening to my musical taste. I figured I would do something more exciting than just writing. That's all. Good day. Cheerio. Toodle loo. I'll stop.

-M. Philly




1 comment: