Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The ones who appreciate outweigh the ones who don't.

That's my Facebook status right there! I thought it was more than appropriate for my day today. Why is that?! Well I shall tell you.

Today was my last first day of school. Yep, that's right, I'M A SENIOR! Exciting, I know, but kinda sad at the same time. I am going through that "I'm not ready to grow up yet" phase. I decided I want to go to Neverland and hang with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys for the rest of my life, but of course reality steps in and pops that dream bubble. WELL, I am one of the 2 Student Council Presidents, or a STUCO Co-President, with my best friend Jordan! We have been working really hard for the past couple weeks to get ready for our 1st school pep rally, which was today. It started off good, but it slowly went downhill. I was attempting to get the students excited by having each class try and out-yell each other. Of course, the middle school kids get really into, which makes them my favorite students, and the high school LOSERS were not. There were some that got into and tried to be loud and awesome, but there were more being lame faced. It got to the point where there were a few arrogant and immature students began to boo me. You know what? That did not make me happy. After I had worked SO freaking hard helping organize this thing and yelling into a bullhorn, almost losing my voice, you are just going to sit there and not appreciate my hard work. That's mature. REAL mature. Seriously, grow up. You think you are so cool and so big and bad, but really you are just pathetic.

Ok, I'm done. I probably shouldn't say all that, but I really don't care right now because those people aren't going to read this because they are not cool enough. Anyway, there were more students that liked it and appreciated it... a little. Truly, I don't care what people think because I was satisfied with how it turned out, so you can stick that in your juice box and suck it.

Off that subject, I had an excellent day besides that! I met a few new people and got to hang out with some 6th graders who are pretty cool. Played some good tennis games and did some decent (or not) drum-majoring. The best part is when I get home and settled in from church and such I get on FB and find about 9 people have written on my wall saying that I'm an awesome drum major and they are happy I am in their class and that no matter what people say, I was awesome today. These are the things that keep me going. These are the things that make me forget about the negative in my day. THESE are the people that really care. It just makes me feel like I am doing something right and that people appreciate the things I do and they just appreciate me and that makes me feel awesome. No, more than awesome... more like fanfreakingtabulous times 3409283409830294809283. That should do it.
THEREFORE, the ones who appreciate outweigh the ones that don't.

WELL that's all for now, folks. Thanks again for being awesome enough to read. You are a superstar in my book. That's right, I have a book... ;P

-M. Philly

1 comment: