Saturday, July 12, 2014

FAQs

Hey everyone! I apologize for the plainness of the page. I will just say it's "under construction." Well, it's been a year since I posted and what a year it has been. A lot of things have happened and a lot of things have changed for me. It's pretty crazy what a year can do for a person! I have had a bunch of people basically asking me the same questions about what's going on, so I thought HEY, why don't I just answer some of these questions on here!! Plus, a few people have told me I should give a little update, so I thought, great idea peeps!

1. What have you been up to these days?!
Well, I graduated Piedmont Community College back in May with an Associates of Arts and I am going to Brigham Young University in the Fall! Go Cougars!!!! I am working at Electronic Solutions and Carver Agency Insurance for the summer. Both jobs are fantastic and I am quite enjoying them!

2. Brigham Young... Where is that? Why there? What are you studying? When do you leave?
It's in Provo, Utah. I used to say that I didn't want to be like every other Mormon and go out out west for school, but after much thought and prayer, I realized BYU was the place I wanted and I needed to be. Thankfully, Heavenly Father felt the same way! I am going to study Acting, which I am very excited about. I was going to go for Communications just because people told me a Theatre degree would be stupid, but I decided not to listen to other people and study what I really love and I am very happy with that decision. I am leaving August 21. (40 days, but who's counting?!)

3. That is pretty far from home. How do you feel about that? Do you know where you are living? Roomates?
Far from home? It's only about 2,000 miles away! It is kinda the point though. I have lived in Roxboro my whole life, so I am excited to get away... far away. I love Roxboro and of course I am going to miss being in the South, but it will be nice to be somewhere new. I'm actually not too worried about getting homesick. I mean, I am going to miss all my friends and my family... a lot, but I have family and friends out in Utah and Idaho, so if I do get homesick I have people out there for me. Overall, I am stoked... a little nervous, but stoked! I am living in an apartment off campus with 5 other girls, who I will not know until the day I move in. That is a little scary, but I have faith that they are going to be awesome and that they will love the fact that I'm from the South! (Counting on that actually!)

4. What are you going to do without your best friend?!
I don't like to think about that. Every time I bring up leaving to her, she says "You're not leaving." I keep telling her to just come with me, but she won't do it. I am going to miss her a whole freaking lot, but I will be back at Christmas and we will talk all the time. I keep joking with her that she is going to forget all about me as soon as I leave, but I know that's not true. I will miss her, but we can survive being 2,000 miles away for a while, I just know it. Ereline for LIFE! :)

5. You are going to keep us updated on all your adventures, right?!
I sure hope so. I plan to post about what's going on and let you guys know that I am alive and well. Sorry to be the stereotypical Mormon girl with a blog... actually, I'm not sorry. I enjoy it, so I will post as much as I can.

Well, I think that is about all the questions I can think of that people have been asking me a lot. I hope I did not bore you and that you are feeling like you know me a little better. Anyway, that is all for now! Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day or night. :)

-M.Philly

No comments:

Post a Comment