Tuesday, February 17, 2015

People walk in, people walk out.

It's always difficult to start a post. Sometimes I can come up with creative things to say, but I'm at a loss for words today. With that, let's just dive in! I have found an odd new obsession since I moved out here to Utah. Now that I have a smart phone, which is so nice, especially since I don't take my laptop with me to campus, I can easily access the internet whenever I want. It's a pretty magical thing. With that, I have found myself reading tons and tons of articles. I have read some pretty interesting articles about lots of random things, but I find myself reading ones on like how to be a good person and who are the types of people you should be spending your time with. It's a lot of those cheesy ones that people post on Facebook, but I enjoy reading those the most. I have found a bunch that relate to me very well and others that I have learned some good stuff from. I was reading one the other day that talked about how you should surround yourself with people that lift you up, not bring you down. As I read that, I just thought about how I have done that pretty well as of late. I was laying in bed thinking last night how my life is filled with people who make me really happy. Let's just take a little look!
I love my roommates! They are some of the greatest girls I know. They have dealt with me for the past few months through the good and bad times. They have made me laugh when I needed it, they have cried with me when I read children's books to them, and they have laughed at me when I get crazy. They have given me so much good advice and helped me get over and through things. I would not be as happy as I am without them! We have lots of fun when we are together and I LOVE THEM!!!

I mean, look at the happiness!

 This was at Melissa's birthday party and we all couldn't stop laughing! These aren't all my roommates, but I love all these people! 

Our dear Suzanna, who we miss so much! She makes my heart so happy! :)

I got home the other night and sweet Melissa had gotten me some wonderful Spider-Man things. Oh, she knows me so well! I love her!!

 My best friend may be 2000 miles away, but anytime I need to talk or just need a good laugh, I know I can call or text her! She has done so much for me and I am so glad to have her in my life! Best friends since Kindergarten and I would't have it any other way!

She even went all the way to DC with me over Christmas break! :)

I have other friends that have been so great for me and have helped me and been just so awesome for me! My sisters have always been so great for me, too. No one makes me laugh the way they do! I wish I could be with them all the time, but even though we are all so far from each other, I know they would do anything to be there for me. Having them has been such a comfort to me even if they do pick on me.
Speaking of family, my parents are so spectacular. As I have gotten older and moved away, I have become so much more aware at how hardcore and awesome they are! I really miss them, but I love being able to call them and talk about what's going on. It's funny that being so far away, I feel closer to them than I ever have. I just appreciate them so much more than I did before. Also, being at BYU has given us different things to talk about and I am able to relate to them so much more because we have had similar experiences here in Provo. They listen to me talk about my life and give me advice about things, which means a lot to me. I love them so much and I'm so thankful to know we are sealed together, so they will be stuck with me FOREVER!


I've said this a lot, but I have learned so much in my few months here in Utah and I am thankful for all my experiences, both good and bad. I have become so much more independent, but I still need people to support me. My mom said to me today, "If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. Don't try to be too independent." I am just really glad to have people in my life that allow me to be independent, but are still there for me to lean on when I need them. That feels really good! Hooray for wonderful people and a wonderful life! :)

-M. Philly

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I love that quote from your mom- "don't try to be too independent"! that's perfect for many aspects of life. glad you are surround by such good people. I think that reflects the goodness we see in you- your kindness, genuineness, and wholesome-hearty-delightful-laughter attract others. you are a truly special snowflake to me <3

    ReplyDelete