Saturday, December 3, 2011

Appreciation

I'm completely aware that I totally failed at writing a new post everyday of November, but I WILL catch up, just not right now. I have something on my mind that I feel pretty passionate about and that would be

APPRECIATION

"Don't hate, appreciate" has got to be one of my all time favorite quotes. Sure, it's pretty silly and people say it as a joke all the time, but think about it closely... Don't hate... Hate is an extremely strong and disgusting word. I believe it comes from Satan, because God sure doesn't hate anyone. Why does the world hate? That's a darn good question because it doesn't really make sense to me.

Appreciate... Is it really hard to say thanks? I say at least 200 times when I'm at work. "Thank you, have a great day." I don't really get tired of saying it.

The thing that gets to me the most is when people don't appreciate their families, especially when they have them. I'm completely aware that some people have rough family lives and things aren't good, but for those of us that have good ones need to appreciate it! Sure, every family is far from perfect, but at least you have one. I really dislike when people don't appreciated their parents. It's drives me insane. I know sometimes I don't, but I try pretty darn hard. I see people posting on Facebook and Twitter "I hate my parents." Whoa. That's not cool... at all. I think I have said that to my parents once in my life when I was about 14 or 15 and I was pretty immature and idiotic back then. Seriously, I understand that sometimes your parents may not always get along and they may fight and make you upset, but they work don't they? They provide a home for you, don't they? They buy you clothes, don't they? They buy you food, don't they? You have a nice car sitting in the driveway that is "yours", don't you? You have a nice little cell phone to text all your little friends, don't you? They taught you how to walk, didn't they? They taught you to talk, didn't they? They raised you, didn't they? They put you in school, didn't they? They pay the bills so you can shower, see in the dark, and use the computer and internet you are currently using to read this, don't they? YES YES YES YES YES YES! I'm sure that most of those questions, you just answered yes to. I didn't to all of them because A. I don't have a nice car sitting in the driveway that is "mine" and I don't have a cellular device, but does that make me not appreciate my parents any less? NOOOOO! I appreciate the mess out of parents! My life would be nothing without them, literally... nothing. My life would even exist because I would not have been born. aHA! I may not remind them everyday as I should, but I try to tell them thanks as much as I can remember to do so.

SO PEOPLE... APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE because some people may not be as blessed.

Thank you and get to appreciating! Trust me, it will make you appreciate things a lot more if you just say thanks to people every once in while... or every day... or just all the time... whatever floats your boat. Just a suggestion, you should probably thank the Man upstairs the most... That would be your Heavenly Father. He kinda gives you everything... just saying. THANKS for reading. Thanks for being awesome enough to read. OH and thank your parents for me because they are supplying the internet you are using to read this. :)

Appreciatively,

-M. Philly

PS, I don't always appreciate as much as I should, so don't think I am saying I do, because... well I'm only human and I don't always. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment