Friday, February 12, 2016

21, fun, and single for Valentine's Day?!

With Valentine's Day coming up this weekend, I have heard some of my single friends call it Single's Awareness Day. At this point in my life, I think it's funny that us single people still complain about being single. Here is the thing... I like being single.

As I was walking to work this morning, I was thinking about if I had made different decisions then I would in a very different place right now. I had the thought that I would be miserable if I were married right now. Don't get me wrong, marriage is a wonderful, amazing thing, but I would not want to be married right now. I mean, I'm only 21!!

I have been single for most of my life and I have accepted that and learned to love my singleness. Sure, there are days where I feel alone and wish there was “someone special” in my life, but then I fill that void with friends, family, and Netflix.

Being single has allowed me to do things I could have never done if I had been tied down to a man. I've traveled with my best friends. I've made tons of friends. I've flirted with lots of guys. I've tried new things. I've had the freedom to do what I want, when I want. I've learned to appreciate my alone time. I've become more independent.

What I am trying to say is, being single can be really awesome if you allow yourself to focus on what you do have and not what you don't have. I know I will find a husband one day in the near or distant future, but for now, I am going to enjoy life being single and 21!


For all you ladies out there, happy Galentine's Day. Be like Leslie Knope and enjoy it with your favorite gals.  

(I guess you could call Palentine's day for all the guys to enjoy it with their pals!)

-M. Philly

No comments:

Post a Comment